A number of travel allowances will be provided for attending the 2017
Computational Complexity Conference (CCC’17). There are two types.
- Type A: Allowances supported by U.S. National Science Foundation
award CCF-1724073. Only students from U.S. universities are eligible for
- Type B: Allowances provided by the local organizers. These allowances
are generally available for possible needy participants.
Applications should be made through the online application form on this webpage (see below). Though the selection criteria and processes for type A and type B differ, a single
application suffices. For student applications, a supporting statement from the
student’s advisor indicating availability of other travel funds must be sent through
a form emailed automatically to the advisor upon the application. The complete
application should be submitted no later than May 4 for full consideration,
including the statement of support from the advisor. Applicants will be notified of
the result of their application by May 8. Note that the early registration deadline
for CCC’17 is June 4. For questions, please contact the chair of the respective
selection committee (see below).
The information provided in the application will be used to prioritize the awards.
For both types preference will be given to applicants who do not have other
sources of funding, and who make an effort to keep costs down, e.g., by sharing
a hotel room.
- Type A: Applications from underrepresented groups are particularly
encouraged. The selection will be made by the CCF Award Committee,
chaired by Rocco Servedio <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
- Type B: Preference will be given to applicants who have a paper at
CCC’17, and are students or young researchers. The selection will be
made by the local organizing committee, chaired by Andris Ambainis
The allowances are intended to help cover certain expenses associated with
attending the conference. Details on how to be reimbursed will be sent to
accepted applicants after the decisions have been made. Please save all original
receipts, including email records, and be aware of the following:
- Only travel to and from the conference, conference registration, local
expenses, and the cost of a visa (if needed) can be reimbursed.
- For type A, only flights that are compliant with the "Fly America Act" and
"Open Skies Agreement" can be reimbursed. This means that the itinerary
needs to be a round trip to Riga that is ticketed on one or more carriers
whose flag is either the U.S. or one of the E.U. countries participating in the Open Skies Agreement.
- An explanation will be required if you are not traveling directly from your
- Reimbursement for the registration fee is limited to the early registration
- Reimbursement for local expenses is limited to the cost of moderately priced
hotel accommodation from July 5 to July 9. Food expenses are not